How-To: Change the Light Settings on a 2014 CR-V
Honda’s latest crossover has now entered its fourth generation and with this has come a bunch of useful additions such as dual zone climate control, cruise control and adjustable lighting settings. We’re going to give you a step by step guide on adjusting these lighting settings so you can have it set up exactly how you like it.
To begin with, the three points below will show you how to get into the “Lighting Setup” menu on the on-board computer. All of the following settings can be adjusted from this menu.
- Press the “Menu” button on the steering wheel. This will bring up the vehicle menu on the built-in screen.
- Press the “-” button on the selection controls, locate above the menu button. This will bring the cursor over the “Customize Settings” sub-menu. Press the “Source” button on the selection controls to select this option.
- When in the “Customize Settings” menu scroll down to “Lighting Setup” using the “-” button. Use the “Source” button again to select.
Interior Light Dimming Time
As the name states, this is used for adjusting the interior light. With this you have the ability of setting how long you want your interior light to stay on after locking and unlocking the vehicle.
- From the “Lighting Setup” menu, use the “+” key to scroll up to the “Interior Light Dimming Time” option. Use “Source” to select.
- In here, you can use the “+” and “-” keys to scroll up and down to the desired time length. You are limited to only 15, 30 or 60 seconds for the light to stay on prior to dimming off.
- Once you have scrolled over the length of time you want the light to stay on for use the “Source” key to select. A message will come up on the screen telling you which option was selected.
- When you select an option, you will automatically be taken back to the “Lighting Setup” menu. If you selected the wrong option, simply go back into the “Interior Light Dimming Time” menu to change it.
Headlight Auto Off Timer
This feature on the CR-V is designed to keep the headlights on for a predetermined length of time after you leave the vehicle, once the door is locked the timer begins. You can use it to give yousome light for when you walk out of the car up to your house.
- In the “Lighting Setup” menu you should automatically be highlighting the “Headlight Auto Off Timer” option. If not, use the “+” and “-” keys to highlight. Use the “Source” key to select.
- When in this menu, use the “+” and “-” keys to scroll up and down to the desired length of timefor the headlights to stay on for. Use the “Source” key to select. You can chose between 15, 30 and 60 seconds for the lights to stay on. If you don’t want to use this feature then select the option that says “0 sec”. The lights will not stay on if you chose this.
- Once you select the length of time you want, a message will come up on the screen and you will be taken back to the “Lighting Setup” menu.
Auto Light Sensitivity
This feature allows you to set the sensitivity for when your automatic tail and headlights come on.There is a sensor on the dashboard that picks up the amount of ambient light around the car and depending on the settings you have chosen, the car will either turn on or of the lights at certain levels.
- In the “Lighting Setup” menu, use the “-” key to scroll down to this option. Use “Source” to select.
- You have the following options in this menu. “Max”, “High”, “Mild”, “Low” and “Min”. “Max” is the option for the highest sensitivity, the lights will come on with the slightest change in ambient light. “Min” is the least sensitive, it requires a much greater change in the lighting levels for the headlights to turn on.
- Use the “+” and “-” keys to scroll up and down to find the sensitivity that you wish to use. Once highlighted use the “Source” key to select.
- When you select a setting, the screen will bring up a message stating which option was selected and you will be taken back to the “Lighting Setup” menu.
Once you have set up these features to how you like them, simply press the “Menu” button to exit the “Lighting Setup” menu and you will be taken back to the regular screen.